Tuesday, May 12, 2015

just thinking

Theory of affirmation: all you need to do is say that you have something and you will have it. I have a perfect haircut. I'm a popular guy. I have plenty of money.

You might not want to say everything publicly, by which I don't mean, like, writing it in a book, or shouting it out at Starbucks or whatever, that kind of public "saying" - that's a separate subject - not unrelated, but separate; what I mean is to your friends, or loved ones; what I mean is sort of anybody. You might want to adopt the practice of talking to yourself ... just like a crazy person! If you tell your friends "I'm rich" every time they see you they might find it tiresome, or think you're lying to them for some reason, or expect you to give them stuff. You know, acting a bit like a crazy person might not be such a bad thing, either. It might result in you actually becoming a bit of a crazy person. People tend to think "we'll, I can only have so much." That's just sensible. It's the opposite of crazy. It might be good to be a bit crazy. It might be good to be a bit more crazy.

Well, no, you probably don't want to go around muttering to yourself, stop bathing, have rear in your eyes all the time. We do have this interesting ability to say things in our minds. I have a great haircut. I'm popular. How does it feel to say that kind of thing? Feels interesting.